Five reasons to consider a second home on The Big Island of Hawaii
For many people, the thought of owning a second home in Hawaii seems like a far-off dream. What they may not realize is that here on the Big Island of Hawaii, such a dream can be a reality . There truly is something for everyone, no matter what price range you think you can afford. Consider these five ideas when dreaming…and find that you too can have a vacation home for your retirement, family outings, or company friends.
1. It is always vacation time in Hawaii . Although seasons change, on the Big Island, there is always warm weather, sandy beaches and tropical sunsets to lure you into slowing down your pace of life. There are plenty of good restaurants , music venues, and festivals with local entertainment . If more action is your style, ocean sports such as kayaking and snorkeling are available year round. Owning a second home on the Big Island means that any time you , your family or friends are able to come…a vacation is waiting for you.
2. A second home in a vacation setting can mean rental income while you are away. Depending on what type of second home you purchase, you may want to consider long term rental, or vacation rental to help defray maintenance costs. Many owners of homes in West Hawaii do just that.
3. There is a solid infrastructure of businesses in place to tend to your home while you are away. Whether you need pool maintenance, landscaping, property management for renters, or just periodic house checks, the Big Island is all set for second-home ownership.
4. You will always have a vacation spot for your family__no need to try to find the perfect spot…you already have it! You have it during the busy winter months when bookings at rentals are hard to find, and you have it over the holidays. Your second home can be used to gift a week to business associates or friends.
5. You will have the reassurance that when life gets to hectic, you can hop on over to your second home and let the Aloha spirit of Hawaii rejuvenate you, because you have a “peace of paradise”.
Sonja Schmidt, R(S)
Aloha Kona Realty, Inc.
Resort and Second Home Property Specialist
Sellers Representative Specialist